Free Printable Native American Indian Totem Pole Crafts

When I was six, my father, mother and I moved to Haines, Alaska. We lived with a clan of the Tlingit Native American Indians. I was adopted into the tribe and my Tlingit name is Dok-du-Yik. I totally enjoyed the cultural immersion experience. I fondly remember the many lovely people I met. Whenever I see Pacific Northwest native designs, I think of my time in Alaska. Totem poles are particularly evocative.


Totem poles play an important ceremonial role in Pacific Northwest American Indian tribes like the Tlinget. and Chilkat that I lived with. They're part of the Kwakiutl, Haida and Tsimshian tradition, too. Autumn always reminds me of my time with my native friends. As a teacher and homeschool parent, I explored Native American culture in fall units. Here are free printable totem pole design templates. Free Printable Native American Indian Totem Pole Designs and Crafts

Pin with Me!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow by Email