Repurpose Sand Box as Preschool Sand and Water Table

I homeschooled four kids in a single-wide mobile home. So I understand space-saving and reusing materials. Repurposing hits both of these. You can make outdoor toys do double duty in winter with indoor uses. For example, a Little Tikes Sand Turtle can be cleaned, sanitized and brought it indoors and used as a sand and water table. It can be covered to keep it clean.

I placed a recycled old plastic tablecloth under it (you could use a shower curtain, sheet, paint drop cloth or blanket). I filled the box with colorful aquarium rocks. This costs about $15. It's my version of preschool sand and water table or the Montessori rice tub. I don't like to use food stuffs as it A) teaches food waste and B) draws bugs. Read more. Repurpose Summer Toys for Indoor Preschool Play-- Sand Box

Pin with Me!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow by Email